A&SSAR has fifty plus dedicated trained rescue and support members to call upon and extensive access to other specialised outdoor personnel.
A&SSAR has three dedicated mountain rescue posts;
- Avonquay, Cumberland Basin, Bristol
- Cheddar, Caves Complex, Somerset
- Charterhouse Centre, Mendip Hills, Somerset
A&SSAR has four dedicated vehicles;
- 4×4 Terrano (ex-Police) based in South Gloucestershire
- Search Bus – Mobile search control vehicle based at Avonquay, Bristol
- Technical Rescue Bus – Mobile cliff rescue vehicle based at Avonquay, Bristol
- Multi purpose response vehicle – Quick response 4×4 vehicle based in Mendip Hills, Somerset
These vehicles have been modified for the teams use and are registered as ambulances.
A&SSAR has an extensive portable radio network and A&SSAR members are trained in its use.
A&SSAR has portable IT systems used for search management including GIS mapping.